Thursday, August 27, 2009

an entry for august

So I have to post in this blog at least before the month is over. It's a bit difficult to post regularly in this blog when I have 5 other blogs, carefully divided into categories that reveal the different parts of me: educator, new mommy, prayer, tougher stuff. I like compartments sometimes. They at least help me organize my thoughts and they add some nice little themes to my life--ones that I'm certain will prove helpful when I begin to assemble my memoir. All these autobiographical tidbits will be useful and relatively easy to access, especially with the neat little "label" function on these blogs.

Anyway, I have a number of things I've wanted to write about in this, my semi-public blog, but whether it's the option of posting them in another blog, or the subtle intimidation that the very pronouncement, "I gotta write in my blog about this" introduces to the endeavor...I haven't successfully done so. Among the desired topics: my first time making a really good dinner after following a recipe (as seen on tv) and the joy that ensued (from the cook and the diners). Another topic I wanted to reflect on here was writing (again), as I was notably inspired upon reading Toni Morrison's Love. We share the same birthday, by the way. If I've been endowed with even a smidgeon of her talent, whew! That is yet to be determined.

Alas, life calls again. I'm off to have one last chat with Q before she leaves for college tomorrow. Thus, the blogging will resume later.

Oh, I do want to mention that I discovered an upcoming opportunity for bloggers to hear from Scott Rosenberg, the author of a book about blogging. It's called Say Everything: How Blogging Began, What It's Becoming, and Why It Matters. November 4th up at Cal. Hope to see you there! (I think that's the first time I've spoken directly to my readers in a blog, ever. Cool. (OK, enough with the metacognitive stuff)). Good night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment